X-100 Universal Wood Stain is a long lasting, complete water repellent and stain that accentuates the natural beauty of exterior wood.
- Penetrating pigments provide ultra violet protection to keep the wood looking beautiful while maintaining water repellency.
- Accentuates the natural wood grain of rough sawn wood and cedar siding, decking, fences, wood shingles and split shake roofs.
- Apply X-100 Universal Wood Stain to pressure treated pine, cedar, redwood, clear pine, fir, spruce and exotic hard woods.
- Can be tinted with universal pigments.
- Available in 5 ready mixed colors.
PROPER SURFACE PREPARATION
- Surface must be clean, free of dirt, mildew, loose wood fibers, and other foreign mater.
- Remove tannin or extractive bleed, fastener rust and discoloration with X-180 Weathered Wood Restorer™.
- When rinsing use a power washer or garden hose and deck brush.
- Stain must be able to penetrate the wood. Prior coatings must be removed. Use Super Bio Strip™ or other suitable ABRP, Inc. coatings remover.
DIRECTIONS FOR USE
- Do not apply if rain is imminently forecasted within 12 hours of final application.
- Shake and stir before and during use.
- Before beginning the overall project a test application must be performed to determine proper application and desired color.
- The color of the finish may vary depending upon the porosity, color and texture of the woods surface.
- Apply with brush, pad or professional spray equipment.
- When spraying, back brush immediately to ensure uniformity.
- Do not apply if surface temperature is below 40° F or above 90° F.
- Do not thin this product.
- To avoid lap marks maintain a wet edge
- Apply stain being careful to spread evenly. Spread excess stain that has puddled on the surface with a pad or brush.
- One coat is recommended.
MILDEW: Remove any mildew prior to staining. Mildew is not caused by the stain nor does it represent a failure of the stain. Mold and mildew can grow on treated or untreated wood. Routine cleaning with ABR Deck and Siding Wash or X-180 Weathered Wood Restorer can keep the wood surface clean.
EXTRACTIVE BLEED: Extractive bleed is not caused by this product nor does it represent product failure. To remove discoloration use X-180 Weathered Wood Restorer.
ANNUAL CLEANING: This product will not protect your wood from accumulating dirt, nor is dirty wood a sign of product failure. Routine maintenance cleaning with ABR Deck and Siding Wash or X-180 Weathered Wood Restorer is required to keep up the clean appearance of your wood.
STORAGE AND DISPOSAL
CLEAN UP: Clean application equipment with soap and water.
DISPOSAL: Do not reuse empty can. Dispose of contents/container in accordance with local, regional, national, territorial, provincial, and international regulations. Contact state and/or local agencies to ensure compliance with proper disposal regulations.
STORAGE: Store in a well-ventilated place. Keep container tightly closed when not in use. Store in a cool, dry place. Protect from freezing. This product should be kept out of the reach of children and stored away from food. Always store this product locked up and in the container in which it was purchased.