ABR®-60 Liquid Latex Binder is an acrylic liquid polymer specially formulated for use as an additive for Portland cement based mixes and other high alkaline building materials. ABR®-60 Liquid Latex Binder has many uses:
• Provides a tough, self-cured surface for dense concrete and masonry.
• Ensures highest bonding qualities in tuck-pointing mortars.
• Improves adhesion. • Increased bonding.
• Reduces cracking.
• As an additive to brown and scratch plaster coats to improve trowel-ability and reduce shrinking cracks.
• For patching or resurfacing concrete walls, driveways, sidewalks, floors and ramps – interior or exterior.
Typical applications include regular weight and lightweight spray applied coatings, traditional trowel applied stuccos, terrazzo, floor resurfacing and underlayment and basement waterproof coatings. Cement mortars modified with ABR®-60 Liquid Latex Binder have excellent adhesion to a variety of surfaces such as concrete, masonry, brick, wood, rigid polystyrene and polyurethane foam, glass and metals. Can also serve as a high quality binder for certain non-cement products like one-package tile grouts. Provides superior adhesion, resistance to UV light and to water, and increased mortar strength, all in a sprayable, low-odor formulation.
The addition of ABR®-60 Liquid Latex Binder makes cement mortars hard, tough and durable to exterior exposure, creating superior flexural, tensile and impact strengths, along with excellent adhesion and resistance to abrasion. This is especially important in thin section applications, such as stuccos, underlayments, and spray coatings, and in applications where heavy traffic and excessive vibration may be involved. ABR®-60 Liquid Latex Binder is a opaque white liquid with a viscosity slightly higher than that of water. It is non-hazardous, noncorrosive and noncombustible.